Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thumbnail Sketch - Lighthouse

This is a quick thumbnail I did for this lighthouse painting. I wanted to get the rocks and grasses, so I let it blend out with water. the sky is a reverse with dark blue as the upper atmosphere and the clouds are let alone.

On the lighthouse I tried to shadow it but became heavy handed with too much color.  Yet the yellow house was okay but I see now that the whole thing, house and lighthouse need to be suggested. So....

I am encouraged to try to re-paint the whole scene.

Monet always did a charcoal sketch or a quick watercolor. I wanted to get the color notes down so now I can do a better job.

The next few Wednesdays I maybe skipping a post as I have some Medical issues I need to address. But lets make our other times fun and see how that works.

Well by now you know what I say, keep those brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment