Monday, December 5, 2016

The Rest of the Vision

Yesterday I asked what did you see. Today I want you to see more of what the lane was all about.

This would be a great architectural drawing or painting. The shapes and cross members of this covered bridge are very interesting. The shadows, the coloration of the 6 inch by 8 inch timbers also lead the eye to the depth of the lane.

The floor planks in this old bridge are smooth as your floor at home. I believe the reason they covered the bridge is because of the wooden floors and timbers making up the bridge, keeping them from rotting. That way it would last longer. Some believe it was so your buggy wouldn't get wet in a storm.

Again I have taken some reference photos for a painting I'll do later. I like the vanishing point of the lane way down there somewhere.

Well lets do a layout on this one Kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment