Monday, December 19, 2016

Thumbnail: Mountain Sketch

Every artist paints a little sketch or two of what they want to do in a larger painting. This is one I have been tossing around. The far mountain, middle ground with the light color pines then the closer inlets with pines and spruce trees.
Then water filling in the fore ground.

 I try to very my approach to this basic painting via "Bob Ross".  The one thing I see as a person that does watercolor sketches, to paint the shadows of the mountain you pick a light source and keep it through out the painting . This one is on the right side.

You must be able to visualize your shadows and where the rock and glacier are in the mountain. The same with the clouds, look for the non-cloud, In other words the "atmosphere" above the cloud.

Some of these things just seem to come to some people and others must look everyday at them and still can't see it. Dad use to say,"Can't see the forest for the trees". But you can learn how!

Again if you have followed me very long you know I say to see it is to paint or draw it.
You can do anything you make your mind up to do!!!!
Stay warm and keep your brushes wet!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment