Sunday, December 18, 2016

Experimental Watercolor

This is an experiment I did with the idea of very wet on wet and trying to control the drips. I let the sky remain wet then added the tree in. Then came back after it dried to paint the leaves and bark of the tree.

I let the colors in the back ground with the trees and brush fade in to nothing. Bright colors seem to come forward, and the dark colors create a recess or go back into the painting.

I like the fence as an eye stopper. and it leads your eye into the painting.

The more you paint and experiment with a medium the more you learn what to expect. Sometimes it can fool you. The water and paint create its own thing, Bob Ross said, "Happy accidents." If you can learn to deal with them then it improves your painting.

I hope Santa brings everyone paint and brushes this year. Keep your Brushes wet!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment