Friday, August 17, 2018

I have been here

When this magazine came in the mail I was like, "Hay I've been there."
I wanted to paint this big lighthouse. It was home to many family's and even two women keepers. Today it still works with a huge green light shining on the lake.

Yesterday I began with a tinted canvas, then I started to draw with as much detail I could. It had a medium distance for the horizion.

By using a more transparent color for the sky down to a light horizion I could still see much of my drawing. I knew I wanted to keep the trees and rocks low keyed. Because the actual lighthouse was my focus.

This painting was so fun. Blending back and forth, adding highlights. Working the water and the rocks.
I let the light create drama and the shadows build strength.

Keep your light on and your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment