Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Box Builder - Pajama Game

Sometimes you are asked to paint some very interesting things. We built these boxes and painted them and then I lettered them as random boxes found in a old fashion factory.

I had so much fun picking out the colors and lettering (by hand) these Items as well as a lot of other props for this play.  It was the hit show "Pajama Game" staring Doris Day.

If you are asked to do stuff like this jump on it it's great experience and it gives you a satisfaction to help young people learn how to prepare for their play.

I have painted for musicals since 1970 when I did my high school Musical, "Fenian's Rainbow".
I love the fact that you can use such bright colors and hit the audience and draw them into the play.

Well lets build some boxes and letter them and most of all keep our brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment