Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Little Church at Sharpsburg

The war came to this church in full force September 17th, 1862. I visited here three years ago and enjoyed the tour and learned about our Civil War history.

I painted this Dunker church, it was rebuilt a couple of times since the war, it was rebuilt soon after the battle, then again after a fire.

This is one of those places in this world were you feel something special as if there is someone looking over your shoulder.

This was the hottest day of the year July 1st, 2014. I painted out doors and sweat my self silly. So what did we learn? Always have water for yourself, and cool clothing and be prepared for other things like bugs and all the usual outdoor stuff. Plus your paint will not always cooperate with your medium (watercolors, Acrylics, and oils) so be prepared.

I did have fun though, I learned a lot, I felt a lot and still got to paint.

So lets get the bug spray an ice cool drink, and get our brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment