Friday, March 3, 2017

Birds Eye View or Ten Thousand Mile View

When you paint a subject you need to pick your view. Micro or Macro, Ten Thousand feet away, or close up bugs eye view.

I try to pick what is comfortable to me and my style of painting, also it must fit in the project board or canvas. That is not to say you can not pick a 60 by 60 inch canvas and paint a close up of a flower or micro-organism  but I think you understand what I am going for. " Buy shoes that fit." LOL

Anyway pick a subject you know and learn to paint it, follow other artist look back in time to some one you respect and learn what they did. Vincent Van Gogh followed several artist, including Millet. Delacroix, and many others. Looking back to look forward is a good idea.

Well it is time to get our brushes wet and dip in!










































v

0 comments:

Post a Comment