Thursday, March 16, 2017

It's the Detail in the Train

I put in lots of details in this painting, usually I don't try to define everything.  Because the person getting this project was a "Train Nut" I wanted him to see the things he would look for on a real train.

If you can enlarge this painting in your PC you can see some of the details, the hoses the hand rails the Knuckles to hook up to the other trains.

The Gravel in the foreground is done with a toothbrush and splattered to show the different colors of gray, blue, and a blackish brown.

I added lots of color in the bushes to show the light. and far away I suggested the building in the far right side.

All in all this was a challenge but it was fun to do as well. Most of all I could keep my brushes wet.
Paint on kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment