Friday, August 4, 2017

Tropical Sunset


I watch Jerry Yarnell rather regular and he did this painting on PBS. I did not think I could do it like his so I didn't try to copy but rather get the essence from the painting.

Many years ago I use to paint airbrush tee shirts and I did many like this one. Blazing sunset and silhouette or palm tree and stuff.

Jerry always shows the high lights on the edge of the trees and clouds. That high light is the golden glow that brings the picture lots of life.

To me what makes it great picture is the blues and yellows in contrast, plus the other complementary colors.  Color is very powerful look what a room is changed into with different colors. Ceilings look higher  in white  and you can cut a room in half by using dark colors on the lower half.

I love color!

Well as always kids lets get our brushes wet and go for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment