Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Raw Canvas Primed

I primed this 16 by 20 canvas with gesso and raw sienna. In art colors we have a few basics.

Earth colors, mineral color, and chemical colors. Some color like the sienna's are an earth or natural color. Others are from rock and minerals. Then the chemical blending make still others.

Something about the Sienna is first the raw color this light gold color. Then they cook it. They make the burnt sienna.  Also the Umber, burnt and raw for a dark brown or earth tone.

The Idea here to prime this canvas is to have a warm back ground. I've add burnt sienna in the corners with water and gesso to have a complete back ground. I think I may paint a barn scene with a door and pumpkin so a warm under painting is going to give me strength in my painting.

Many artist tone their canvases for mood and make you feel some thing different and you may not even know it.

Well kids let get our brushes wet! Paint on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment