Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Sometimes I see Things

Do you ever just look? Look? Sometimes I see things that may or may not be there. But that's OK, Bob Ross said we should hug a tree. Well may be not that far out. But as I look at objects I see different parts of the same thing you see.

In this Elephant I saw mostly the head and ears so with charcoal I wanted to catch the feel of the beast. Let him come out from the page. I could do a series of different animals. Bears, pandas, and seals.

By defining the greater part of the animal you see more than is there. Prehistoric man painted on walls and caves with various media to create a similar effect. They painted for hunting and religious ceremonial reasons.  Some said they could "call" the animals to the hunt. I don't know but that's a great artist!

Let's go cave paint and keep our brushes wet and our charcoal sharp.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one it seems to show more than is even there somehow. I guess it unleashes the imagination.

    ReplyDelete