Thursday, August 31, 2017

Van Gogh's Bridge

This is drawn from memory so I see now the angles are wrong. I should have turned the whole thing to the right and made a vanishing point on the left.

Van Gogh was very kean on his perspective tool. The tool was a top and bottom board with side boards to frame string for his perspective, high or low.  He could find the true vanishing points in any project. This is just one point perspective, head on.

I remember the first time I saw a Van Gogh charcoal painting in person. His crude start of the trees and other items around Holland. By the end of two years he had self taught the artist within him. His watercolor and oil painting still has the "drawing look" if you notice all of them have the outline of a draftsman.

Hero's come and go some have huge flaws.  Vincent surely did, drinking too much, augmentative, and loud rude behavior. Plus his mental health issues. Wow I feel better about myself. But he was a compulsive artist he had to paint. And he was not the only one.

Well kids let's get with it and keep out brushes wet and our pencils sharp. Keep and eye out on the bridge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment