Sunday, August 6, 2017

Boating Weekend


I want to paint this picture soon. I like the boat tied to the dock and the random oar pointing to the sky.

I would remove the third boat on the far left side. I would make the dock a wooden style. I like the tree in the fore ground. It makes the other items pushed back adding distance to the painting.

If you look closely you can see the shadow / reflection of the main boat.

The way to start this picture is with the darkest darks, i.e. the shadows under the boat and dock, plus the trees.

One of my teachers said that a boat is like a figure eight. That way you can get the bow and the stern to match up drawing the top line. This is one that is very neat. It is part of our Michigan vacation.

I got an Idea let get our brushes wet and paint away!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment