Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dream Tree - Painted

Yesterday I wanted to show you how I come up with an Idea . This is the finished project.

What I do is draw a sketch like I was showing yesterday and then fit it into the format of my canvas. This is an 11 by 14 canvas double primed with gesso.

I painted the moon first and then the violet and crimson sky then the light green grasses. the tree is rough and curly. I added the light side to the tree where the moon light accents the whole side.

I think a new artist could easily paint this project and a little more experienced artist as well could do this painting.

I know this would be fun and you can add your own touch to make it your own. You could add stars and do a little Van Gogh style and do circles around the stars and moon.

With this project you could do many other projects and use this as a jump off point. Add some other trees do a house in the back ground.  Put some scary people in the frame, so many Ideas.

Keep your trees curly and your brushes wet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment