Monday, August 14, 2017

Deep Shadows

This Picture I did for grandson Jake. I thought the shadows and setting sun add a unique composition to this painting.

I have shown this several times but as I look at the shadows I tried to show the hills and valleys in the fore ground. I let the shadow wash break up and follow the dips in the forest floor.

I feel it is interesting also the use of the yellow and green with a mottled leaf pattern. Birch trees are so attractive in a painting, and I remember seeing them in Michigan on vacation as a kid.

As artist we paint what we know.  We should expose our minds and soul to as much as we can stand. Learn and read and go to places. Take pictures and draw little sketches of what we see and what we do.

Most of all keep our brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment