Sunday, August 27, 2017

Hay Bales in Pencil

Try to think of a summer picture that is is not a swimming pool. For country kids it would be baling hay. I remember bale after bale for a dollar an hour. All summer long, It's how I bought my first car.

This is a pix from Jerry Yarnell's TV class. He had added a hawk on top of the bale. But hay Stacks are an old subject, Monet painted them when he first got to Giverny. The peasants saw what he was doing and began to tear down their own stacks of hay.

Later they began to charge him to cross their land but he disregarded them. When he want to paint the poplar trees near a drainage ditch they cut the trees down. People are very odd and to the locals Monet was the odd one. As was Van Gogh and many of the other artist I know. My self included. LOL

This picture was done with color pencils and a lot of the hash tag lines not the # symbol. I have used the red, green, and yellow as a base color plus the blues and browns as needed.

Well farmers let get our pencils sharp and our brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment