Saturday, October 15, 2016

Paper and the Like!

Paper is one of the oldest substrates in the world. It goes back to the time of the Egyptians, I believe the Chinese also had a hand in the process.  The type of paper we use now does not have chunks of wood unless you make you own.

There is every paper you can think of, sketch, watercolor, drawing with pencil or charcoal or colored pencil. There is paper for oil, acrylics or pastels. Plus newsprint and every other type of specialty paper for printing and etc.

The paper I will talk about are the drawing and watercolor papers.
These work for me and let make a drawing or sketch for a painting I may do later. In Watercolor I use 140 pound it is heavy enough for my paints and water plus it holds the design if I want to scratch or scrape.

Drawing paper is usually 90 pounds and holds a good line.

I haven't talked about paper with linen or rags woven in the warp. So much stuff!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment