Sunday, October 16, 2016

Masonite Boards and You

This year I have changed up a few things in the studio.

The major move was to add Masonite because it takes up less space in the studio and is so smooth to paint on. I have done a few different styles of painting and I like the less "tooth" or smooth face.

In the 1500's artist used this method of painting because they didn't have to spend weeks priming the canvas and it was easier and cheaper to get.

Raphael did a self portrait and I am sure many other paintings as well on this substrate.

These boards can be found at Hobby Lobby or most other art supply stores. www.hobbylobby.com

You can paint on anything and like I said before in other posts, you stand still long enough around me and I'll paint you. Ha! Ha !

0 comments:

Post a Comment