Thursday, October 27, 2016

Frost, Rain, and Falling Leaves

As the season continues more and more things cause the leaves to fall. We've had a light frost, a hard rain, and now the leaves are dropping like... well you know.

I don't usually do this but I fit the subject into the format of the paper. I used Payne's Gray, burnt sienna, and light  blue for the tree bark. I also wet the paper a little so the yellow and orange would spread. This makes a "leaf" like pattern.

The branches are fun to twist and turn. Again I used the Payne's gray as my darkest color to accent the limbs, then with ultramarine blue I used it to high light the limbs and the branches. This gives the picture a fullness. Then the blue green and light green for the grasses.

Love me some trees!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment