Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Watercolors

This is my travel set I use it on vacation and when I want to do a thumbnail painting. It has 10 colors Yellow to Brown, and several colors in between.
My understanding is Watercolors were developed in the late 1680's used widely in the 1700's and 1800's. And even today.
 The great thing is the build up of washes or layers of paint. This is a way to paint some very interesting designs.
Wet on Wet is a great technique for designs and painting, also one can do a pen and ink drawing and color it in, or just do a quick sketch with a brush and colors.

Some artist do an abstract wet and blended medium with multitudes of colors and paint. Splatter or blown out with a straw. Dab with towels, salted, and probably a hundred other things I don't know about.

Watercolor is a fun and simple medium and a good basic start for kids and adults who want to learn to paint.


0 comments:

Post a Comment