Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Lines - Drawing - Painting- Seeing

In painting and drawing we need to find a line, the line is the basic part of art. But even before that we must see and to see we need to use our Right side brain.

The earlier you learn to draw, like riding a bicycle, the better you become, learning the line and shadow.

I have always enjoyed the practice of drawing my hand, and I recommend you try it also. As a basic line /drawing/seeing exercise then you can expand to other things.

Art, any kind of art is simply seeing it understanding it and then drawing or painting it. Yes I know this is a few other steps in there but I am talking very basic first steps.

I have begun to read a book by Betty Edwards on the Right  Brain drawing. She has some very  interesting examples and thing we can change to be better artist.

Lines, Drawing, Painting, and seeing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment