Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Early Fall Color

This tree was so beautiful to paint and witness in nature. The strong darks and lights, the foliage, and the strength of this tree.

As the temperature changes in the fall and the sap begins to flow the other way in a tree, the leaves lose some of their color. (chlorophyll)  The resulting change is something most northern states and some mid-southern states enjoy.

I would sell this type of watercolor for $15.00 to $20.00. I can see a nice frame on this and hanging in a den or living room.

I made this by using a pencil outline then putting the darker colors and keeping it wet added  my light colors. On the bark of the tree I took an old credit card broken in two to scratch into the wet paint for more real"bark". You can do that also for rocks and reflections in water.

We will talk about more trees coming up this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment