Friday, October 28, 2016

Twin Pines - Blue Spruce

These two pines set out in front of our property. The rail fence is and added touch I put out for a background when I plant flowers.  Flowers never seem to make though.

I sat outside last week on a warm day and sketched this vignette. I like the dark and light of pines.  The sky on that day had very wispy "horse tail" clouds. the far distant trees were also changing color.

I was trying to pick out more shadows because I want to talk about High lights and low lights. In an upcoming blog.

This could be a Christmas card or letter head  you could take a wash of color and add pen and ink to it for and even more interesting drawing.

By the way if you like what we are trying to do here drop me a note. Thanks Uncle Bud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment