Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hand Drawn Homework

Yesterday I said I would draw my hand on occasion. Well here's my big ole' mit.  I notice the thumb and first finger is larger than the rest, I think this is because I started with the negative space between the finger and thumb.  That seems to accentuates the front part of my hand.

This is a fun exercise regardless how good you are at drawing. Start with this as a basic skill set. Work into it, look more closely at your hand engage your right side brain or go into the 'zone'.

I really like this stuff!!! Okay if you haven't done this yet try it, get a piece of paper and a #2 pencil and sketch it out. This to me is how we begin to learn to "see".

Next we'll do a chair to see if we can see all the parts, I remember in art class our teacher said draw it. Then he came back and had us really look at what we saw and what we had drawn. Big Difference!


0 comments:

Post a Comment