Friday, May 12, 2017

Don't Rush The Brush!


I have painted here and been here and worked on this project a dozen times! It is the Lighthouse at Point Betsie in Michigan, USA. But I find if I am not careful I will rush through it because I know it so well. Don't Rush The Brush!

You know many people rush though life, they (me)  do so many things at warp speed. Doing the dishes, Mowing yard, or being with the family.

Sometimes we are so busy with our life it is gone, look back at your school days or the kids when they were little. Don't rush the Brush!

I did a wash in the sky of cobalt blue and did raw senna and naphtal yellow for the sand. I then use dark brown and green for my trees to accent the scrub brush that grows by the Great Lake Michigan.
I have seen this setting for many years as I went with my family on vacation near here. The vertical and horizontal seem to blend so well. I almost think this is in my 'DNA. But wait Don't rush the Brush!

Well kids I hope you  enjoy today's offering, and remember, Don't rush the Brush, but do keep them wet!








0 comments:

Post a Comment