Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Hallway Gallery

Everyone wants their painting to hang in the Museum or a gallery. Well almost everyone. I realized I may not get into a Museum any time soon. So I thought I would do my own hanging gallery.

Seeing a painting on the wall sometimes will change it and you can see a place that needs fixed or highlighted. I find a frame also will change a painting. Wouldn't you love to have those old gold frames that the old masters had to frame their work?

Manet always said that he didn't want to be in the 'Salon de Paris Art but he did. In fact he told a friend he wanted to live long enough to receive a medal from the Salon, which he did in his later life but then pasted away. He was linked to impression but was never a "member" of the inner group.

Something to also think about is friends and family that stop by the house many time don't see your work and by having it on the walls they may buy or ask about a piece of your work.

So today I will suggest to you to get your hammer and nails out and put the brushes in the wash tank and lets hang a few pictures on the wall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment