Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hard to Let Go!

When I first started to paint I wanted to paint like a Photograph but when I saw Van Gogh and Monet paintings, Boom!  It was then I began to understand and let go and paint more representative than actual.  Hard as it maybe you can put more emotion into a painting.

This is a study of a Monet painting. In his painting he add the girls setting in the grove. This grove is in Gerverny where Monet painted most of the great work we see in museums.

The temptation to paint a tree with each leaf and the mountains with the peaks and valleys exactly as seen. Or paint the Tree bark and grasses to represent what you see.  I just needed to let go. This I see as more Impressionist lead in and something to build on. Truly the Monet's, Renoir, and Pissaro's found something to amaze us for years to come.

So in retrospect keep your brushes wet and your leaves representative. That's my impression!

0 comments:

Post a Comment