Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Looking out my Window At OSU

The other day at my Chemo room I looked out the window and saw this parking garage and office building. So... as an artist I draw what I see.

I know, use a ruler to straighten the pillars and clean up the edges. But it was an off the cuff quick sketch. I can see this as a painting with clean lines and bright blue sky and deep dark reds for the brick walls. Bright gray and dark shadows.

This may be one of those paintings I just can't wait to do, You know like those coloring books we had as kids,

Well this type of painting reminds me of some of Ohio's Post-modern art set. That group of artist who set a standard in the United States with a new style of painting. I am sure other artist in New York and around the world also painted like that as well.

I can see the draw of simplifying the painting to just the shapes and planes of color and lines. That would go beyond the representation of an actual building or a garage. It goes beyond the "Oh I see that," To "Oh I feel that." When you paint your story, or represent your feelings in canvas and paint then your are moving your audience into your own world.  Let them see or feel That Emotion, and that is a large step forward.

Well as always let get our brushes Wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment