Friday, May 19, 2017

Plant to Paint

Many of my neighbors and friends have now or are soon planting their gardens and flower beds. I, like a few other painters. plant my garden to paint at a later time.

These black-eyed Susan's are one of my favorites and in this photo you can see the geranium as well. Of course my absolute favorite is the giant sunflower.
Monet said flowers lead him to paint, in fact he dedicated the last several years of his life to his gardens. And we are richer for it.

I read that people who work in their gardens and flower beds are relieving stress. The dirt and act of planting something is an escape a way to leave your troubles behind. Much like painting so if you plant and paint will you double your stress relief? I hope so!

I try to take pictures of paintings I want to do at a later time. Flowers and all of that stuff, shrubs bushes, trees, and things. Now if you take a picture and paint it it's yours. But if you plant and and take a picture and paint it Boom! You win the prize.

Okay I have rambled on enough for one day dip in to the dirt, and keep your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment