Sunday, May 21, 2017

Water Lilies - Monet

I find it very interesting that like Mozart going deaf, Monet was going blind with cataracts. And both were doing their best work at the time. This huge painting  of the pond behind the house in Giverny turned the sky into the water and the water into sky.

Looking down into the reflection we are actually looking up into the sky!

Okay I think you get the point. But to me I get amazed at how Monet handled the water if you look at his early painting with Renoir on the Seine, or the water at London or in the ocean at Belle Isle you see a different treatment of water altogether.

The touch of the flowers and the pink and the white brush strokes thrill the viewer. The weeping willow are they reflections or are they leaning over the pond?

See why I ask you to dip in and keep your brushes wet? So we can paint like this.
I hope you enjoy today's offering and as always, wet brushes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment