Thursday, May 4, 2017

The King Street Bridge -OSU

At Chemo I have about 6 to 8  hours to kill, so I paint draw and read. This is the bridge on King Ave. on the the way to the hospital. I enjoyed sketching it out and laying in the basics. the rock and the banks.

The bridge its self is rather old and I like the arches. I see the city workers fixing the lights and other maintenance work around and on the old girl.

The rocks also caught my eye they were above the surface and the light was playing in them making a great place to let the turtles and other wildlife  play.

This is a rather simple sketch and not a lot going on other than the water, rocks, and bridge.

Sometimes simple is best. I can see this as a clean and quick painting, or as it is a study for a larger piece.


Well sharpen your pencils and get our brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment