Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cabin and Distant Trees

Today I want to show the under painting of the snow and trees, the cabin.

By leaving the holes in the snow as I scrub it on the painting I looks like the shadows on the under side of the middle ground.

In the sky I have added the darker Orange clouds and scrubbed in the purple for a far clouds.

This painting was one I want to really take some time with it. The fear to dash it off like some other types of painting I do was very strong and I knew I could get some effects that I wanted by slowing down.

The cabin was burnt senna and yellow and a little bit of dark Umber, again just under painting.

Planing the painting was easier because my friend, Jerry Yarnell PBS Painter already did the hard part by doing the layout and painting it as one of his show project sometime back. Thanks Jerry!

More to come as I keep my brushes wet and paint on!
Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment