Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Warriors Feather

There is a poem or a "saying" I've read on the internet. It sparked this warriors feather.

Fear said, "The Storm is coming."
The Warrior said, " I am not  afraid, I am the Storm."

In life and so many other things we do, Fear will try to jump in and stop us. You can live in fear or you can live in spite of fear.

So many of us are afraid to paint or to do a certain subject, but I say do it afraid anyway!  Jump in the water it is not that deep, swim or sink you can do it.

This is a black canvas and I took a dark green and blue with a touch of purple. This did my back ground then I used a gray blue for the feathers. The lower part of the feather is a Payne's Gray with gesso added to highlight the individual bit of feather.

The hair piece is painted as if it is fur and beads woven into a band to hold onto the head band. When I was in Canada at the Fort near Sault Ste. Marie I saw things like this. Native American Indians used trade beads from France and other parts of Europe for accents to their clothes and Moccasins.

Wet this was a case where I had my brushes wet and ready. And fight thru your fear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment