Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Pallet and Color Scheme

I think every painting has a base color. So many paintings have a color like red, green, blue, and yellow ocher.  Just like a play or a movie, even a  house has a pallet or color scheme.

Some people just naturally have that good taste to pick those colors.  It seems to me that they can pick the right colors and make their home more homey. Right now in home decor the blue grays and neutral colors are a big hit, sand-stones and bone.

By the way who is the person that names colors? "Off white, Tangerine, sombrero and moon glow."  I want that job, but you know it is probably harder than we know.   Anyway I notice that even if I don't conscientiously pick a color scheme many paintings come out with a primary color.

Look at my pallet you can see I have mixed a mostly blue stream of color with green and yellow as secondary colors.

So Kids keep your brushes wet and dip in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment