Monday, April 3, 2017

Barn and Trees

I painted this picture many years ago and I found I needed to drop about half the trees and focus on the barn.

I liked the way this picture has sky and trees and old barn siding. You could focus on just a part of this painting, or you can do the whole thing.

Something about barns for me, I worked around them when I was a kid. We had one across from us at our house in the country. It wasn't our barn but we always played over there. It was called a bank barn because it had a large bank running up to the first floor.

I had thought of taking pictures and making a calendar of just barns. Or you could paint a series of pictures of different kinds of barns. Near my house is a round barn. Yes a round barn, don't ask me how they built it but it is cool.

If I repainted this picture I would do a dark gray under painting. Adding highlights almost last. Less trees, and no vines up the side of the far end.

Well kids lets keep our brushes wet and our trees green.

0 comments:

Post a Comment