Thursday, April 6, 2017

A New Painting

Some times I go in the studio and block out a canvas just to prepare for  new paintings. Here I am going with a blue gray I add purple and van dyke brown just to kill the white back ground. With white and blue in the mix it gives the canvas the great back ground.  We call this under painting.

One of my favorite TV painters Jerry Yarnell painted two I like and may paint. He did a mountain scene with a cabin and stream I might do. The other is the winter wonderland of a snowman and cabin with a mail box.
That way you hit all the points, cabins snow , mailboxes, and snowmen.

The other one I can do is for my friend Dave. He wants a giraffe on the plain in Africa.  I may add two giraffes in the back ground in silhouette.

Now I have my brushes wet I'll keep in painting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment