Thursday, April 27, 2017

Some Idea Gathering

NEVER COPY OR BREAK COPY WRITE LAW! Gather ideas, look at pictures, take your own pictures, study shape and forms of things and such, but NEVER copy someone's work.

If you are painting something for you and you alone maybe, but why take a chance. If you do paint something always attribute it to that artist and use it as a study. We all have copied the old masters, but not for sale. Van Gogh painted many pictures from Delacroix and Millet, but always said it was a study.

This painting was one I did for the shape for the red birds, and the little sparrow. I was happy with the sparrow, but the red birds just got a way from me. I like the blocked out back ground and you can see where I left room for the other birds.

Christmas and greeting cards are a great inspiration for Ideas to paint. I find the more I practice the better at drawing or painting I get.  The happier I am with the out come.  So you can see why I always say keep your brushes wet and your pencils sharp.

So to be a repeater Keep them brushes wet and sharpen your pencils!

0 comments:

Post a Comment