Thursday, April 20, 2017

Mountain Rising

Today the mountain is rising and the far hills and valleys begin to show up.

I have tried in this painting to bring some drama with "S" curve, and the diagonal line in the painting.

Diagonal lines are much more interesting and the S curve in the creek make our eyes move thru the painting as well. As the trees are the next part of this painting and we will be using the darks and light to create drama as well. We try to find the composition and the interest in the painting.

The far trees which we will paint in as we come down in the project. The western mountains have a "Tree Line" it is where the cold air / thin air allows the aspen and spruce trees to grow.  I will also begin to paint in the meadows and grasses.

I am keeping my brushes wet  And to my son Dan "Get well soon!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment