Sunday, April 23, 2017

Details of the Mountain

Now we can look at the details of this Cabin and Mountain painting.
I have tried to paint the sky and mountain with as much interest as possible. I created the forest on the right with the far away pines, on the left you can see the darker and closer pines.

I did a glaze of green and yellow for the far meadows. I wanted to create a shaft of light across the back lighting the hidden area behind those pines. Light against dark.

I wanted to pull the creek out by hiding it. That way I am drawing your eyes back into the painting.

I also darken the sky in a few areas and accented the complementary colors blue and orange / yellow, reds and greens to create drama.

This will be a beginning of two pictures of the details. Enjoy and look at the things I did to increase the drama. Drama in a painting is good in Life not so good.

So kids Dip in and Keep your brushes wet, and Dan keep your sugar level!

0 comments:

Post a Comment