Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Starter Sky

Another Painting thus begun. I chose to start this painting with a light sky and then add the orange / red to make a sun glow-ish pink.

I used cobalt blue and ultramarine blue plus the gesso as a base color for the top part of the sky. By scumbling it in with a number 10 brush I can create an interesting sky and add movement to the clouds.

I used my white charcoal pencil for my sketch, it will be a creek and a mountain with a cabin off to the left. Plus a dead tree for an eye stopper.

I sometimes zoom through these paintings.  I get so caught up in the process that the next thing I know it's almost done. I think it is so easy to get lost in the project. I love to paint and I have another project already lined up to do.

Well let coast out our canvases and get our brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment