Friday, April 21, 2017

Creek and the Grasses

Today we start with the under-painting of the creek and the grasses, picking out the distant trees and finding locations for everything.

I needed to vary the tone and values of the grasses I used the scrubbing method with my #10 brush. I picked up the hookers green and white gesso with some yellow to make different values of distant grass, or bushes. As for the water I started with the burnt senna, orange, and then the cobalt blue. That blended to make my water look more reflective of the sky. Next I took burnt senna, Dark umber, and blue to make a gray adding a little bit of white to make a middle tone for the rocks.

Now to add the white for a small water fall and blending in the dark and light to create a movement in the water. I will come back to add light to the rocks and the other details including the cabin and main trees and bushes.

We have a lot to do so dip in and keep the brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment