Sunday, July 9, 2017

Accent Tree

This tree was a found Item at the parking lot in a Columbus, Ohio waiting area. I saw it and liked the shape of it. When you go to the Doctors or Hospital a lot you wait, and when you wait you need a hobby. I read and draw.

I notice with this tree I did the leaves and paid attention to the dark back ground. If you find the darks then you can build to the lights. I wanted the detail of leaves and the bark.

In town a landscaper will mound up the tree in those islands in the parking lots.  I saw that detail so I need to incorporate it into the drawing as well.

This little study can be a painting and you could put the city outline behind the tree and do it in a very light shadow.

These drawings make or I should say keep me on my toes, it helps me be a better artist.

So keep your pencils sharp and your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment