Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Charcoal and Sepia Tones

Did you ever wonder how they did that?

Well today I will try to tell what I know about it. These pencils or Artist pencil packs are made by Koh-I-Noor Gioconda since 1790.
They are used to draw and sketch masterworks and subjects for artist world wide.

I have used vine charcoal, hard charcoal, and everything in between. These Pencils are superb. The White, and red sepia tone pencils are unique to the gray paper I have been using. They add another phase to the drawings and sketches I have done lately.

I have used the white as an accent a lot, both in the colored pencils and these charcoal pencils. I have seen in many museums artist of every stripe that used charcoal as a layout and final product. Charcoal is so forgiving, but messy. But the use of the white charcoal is great as highlights and what ever you need light!

So as always sharpen your charcoal and get your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment