Saturday, July 29, 2017

Fat Birds and Snow Flakes


 Last winter I painted a picture of these two red birds out on the limb. The last of the berry's from fall on a branch as snow begins early this year.

The violet and purple sky with the snow build up on the tree look so good to me. I wish the female bird was a little less bold. But this was my first real try at the birds on a limb like this.

The tree was a blast to paint, I was able to underpaint it and then bring up the bark and add the moss. I used a blue and white mixture for the snow piles on the limbs then a little yellow as a highlight.

I think the more I paint the more I find myself learning about what not to do and how to do some things better. This pix was a very interesting learning experience. So even though it didn't come out perfect I still like what I learned.

So paint on and keep your brushes wet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment