Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Windmills of Time

If you ever saw one you know that they are amazing. Windmills are something special in the fact someone thought what if. What if I take the wind and use it to grind the corn and other grains?

There are several types of windmills, the Holland, the French, and the Western European. Between water power, wind power, and solar we as people have looked for an easier way to do our chores.

This windmill is a made up and one I saw in books. I think artist like the way the windmill captures the imagination. Don Quixote and his man servant  charged the windmill like fighting dragons and giants, like the dreams we all fight.

This is a quick little study to get the size and shapes. Plus I wanted to find the siding and shingles on the building. Texture and shape is very important to my art.

Well kids like I always say keep your pencils sharp and your brushes wet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment