Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Keep it Loose

When you paint it is easy to get up tight. Closing down your hand and arm movements. Feeling like you might make a mistake.

People tell me all the time," I get afraid I'll will mess up my painting." Then when they do start they are so locked up in emotions and feelings they do make mistakes. Let go!

 So what is an answer? I find that if I do sweeping motions with my brushes before I start I am a little more loose. You may have seen artist and others do circles in the air before they touch the canvas or paper. They are just getting loose.

This painting you have seen before. The girls at the coast going to the beach, I knew I had to keep it loose. Any project you do by keeping it loose you have better results. Also why do you think artist brushes are long handled? Work from the back not like a pencil or pen.

So keep it free and loose and get them brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment