Monday, July 10, 2017

If Van Gogh Could do It

If Van Gogh could do it I thought I could too. Fifty years ago I saw a display of His pencil and charcoal drawings and thought why couldn't I do that.

What I didn't know was Van Gogh so dedicated himself to painting and drawing that in two years on a daily basis he drew more people and trees and stuff than most artist paint in a lifetime.

This Sycamore tree I saw near by the house and added a little bit of back ground to add interest to the composition. But please let it be known I am not comparing myself to Van Gogh.  I just like the way this looks and the bends and knots. I've added the texture and grasses to the base of the tree.  Oh by the way it has taken me fifty years to get this good.

Artist should inspire others artist as well as doing their own thing. Vincent truly inspired me to draw and paint. In his ten years of production he became an icon and the standard of what painting is as well as the Bohemian life style. The "starving artist" as we know it probably came from his and many of the other impressionist life styles.

Sharpen your pencils and keep your brushes wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment